Senior Software Engineer (Remote, US)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and
their companies thrive. In an age where innovation is happening all
around us, there's commonality - people are driving these changes.
We offer a solution that helps companies put employees first.
Lattice is a people management tool that offers performance
reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly
check-ins, and goal setting in a way that allows companies to focus
on employee development, growth, and engagement. Since launching in
2016 we have grown to over 1,900 customers globally, including
brands like Slack, Reddit, Glossier, and Asana.
We're a small and impactful team of engineers continuously
working to better both our product and our craft. We use a modern,
cutting-edge tech stack and love experimenting with new
technologies. We strive for maintainable, robust, and performant
code. We're highly collaborative and continuously iterative and
work closely with designers and product managers. We prioritize not
only great technical architecture but also an amazing product
Who you are
You have 5+ years of professional experience writing and
maintaining production-level applications.
- You've worked with a modern programming language like
- You're no stranger to SQL-you know how to efficiently model
data and write performant queries in a relational database like
- You know the ins-and-outs of maintaining and scaling an
application actively serving customers in production.
- You seek out the root cause when debugging software defects,
and champion improvements that prevent future issues.
You're a great communicator and collaborator.
- You take care to write code that your colleagues will also own,
understand, and maintain.
- You're clear and concise in explaining your thought process and
in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You work well with designers and product managers to come up
with optimal solutions.
You enjoy taking an active role in the development process.
- You love mentoring and supporting other software engineers who
are newer to the industry.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing
the development roadmap for software projects.
- You'll build software to help companies build cultures in which
their employees thrive.
- You'll work with other engineers to build and own products
across a modern tech stack. Our current stack includes React, Relay
Modern, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS to host our
- You'll independently lead the execution of complex projects,
including those that require cross-functional collaboration with
product managers and designers.
- You'll provide substantial mentorship to less experienced
colleagues, helping to refine their technical craft and expand
- You'll make contributions to our engineering practices,
identifying and evangelizing improvements to improve our team
As we are growing the number and size of customers we support,
the scope of products we offer, and the size of the engineering
team, we are running into a number of scaling challenges. In
helping us tackle these challenges, a great candidate will have a
strong impact on our business. These challenges include breaking
apart our monolithic architecture and creating the tools to empower
each product team to develop autonomously. As we do so, we will
build tools and standards that create a cohesive experience for our
customers and high-efficiency engineering team.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every
employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact
and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that
is passionate about solving customers' needs and loves coming to
work every day
- Partner with 1,900+ companies around the world to make sure
their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and
development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Centrally located FiDi office with remote flexibility
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all
aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to
gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability,
gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military
status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is
an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of
inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment,
and retaliation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Lattice, Eugene , Senior Software Engineer (Remote, US), Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!