Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As
both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure
provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible
to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly
growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try
to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to
expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless
professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look
for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their
ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family.
So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make
for better experiences and happier customers. It's a model that
helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes' Best Startup Employers 2021
The Protect (https://www.bestow.com/api-partners/)
Team at Bestow is responsible for overseeing partner integrations
into the Bestow Life Insurance Platform. The team builds custom
solutions when needed and guides partners through the integration
and testing process using our in-house API and SDK.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will work closely with the Protect
Product Managers, Engineers, and external partners to develop and
deliver integrated solutions to bring our digital life insurance
experience to partners. Part customer consultant, part technical
writer, part applications architect, and part software engineer,
this role is a key liaison between various parts of the Bestow
organization and our partners to accelerate the growth of the
Protect business line.
Open to Austin, TX, Dallas, TX or Remote (US) #LI-Remote
Your Day to Day
- Gaining full understanding of partners' technical requirements
to facilitate integration into Bestow's platform.
- Providing top quality support to existing partners, including
rolling out frequent integration improvements as our platform
continues to grow.
- Alongside the Product Managers, guide the engineering team to
understand what partner problems need to be solved and the
limitations of each.
- Building and refining customer-facing documentation, including
integration guides and test plans.
A Little About You
- 2+ years of full-stack professional software development
experience (Python, Go, or TypeScript preferred).
- You have a strong understanding of SDLC life cycle.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication
- Experience designing and debugging APIs and event-driven
- Experience as a technical customer liaison using project &
customer management tools (JIRA, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Knows how to work in a distributed systems and microservices
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Bestow does not sponsor
applicants for work visas at this time)
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or
maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by
applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and
comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and
authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this