People Business Partner (Sales)
Company: Git Lab
Posted on: June 12, 2021
People Business Partners (PBPs) are responsible for aligning
business objectives with people solutions in the organizations they
support. In many companies, the role is referred to as HR Business
Partner (HRBP). Successful PBPs act as business professionals, team
member champions, and change agents. PBPs are HR experts who
partner with and advise the business by maintaining literacy about
the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its way
of operating, and its competition.
- Provides support and feedback to client groups, and consults
with managers at all levels in areas of performance management,
management training and coaching, organizational development, and
employee relations. Typically supports 1 or more VPs across a
function; may support a more senior executive based on
- Identifies great talent, internally and externally, who will
raise the bar across GitLab. Mentors others both in the client
group and in the People team.
- Quickly identifies business needs; develops and presents
solutions to senior leaders to help drive results in the
- Demonstrates ownership to develop and drive People programs and
processes from start to finish that align with GitLab goals and
values. Deliver meaningful results to the client group/s concise
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements. Escalates and
engages Director PBP, CPO or Legal as needed.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People team
to develop solutions, programs and policies. Raises concerns/trends
to the PBP team, CPO and Legal as needed.
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning and succession planning to support the business
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in a high growth, fast moving
company where ongoing change is the norm, with at least 2-3 of
those years supporting a global software sales organization with
particular focus on Enterprise Sales, Commercial Sales and Customer
- Partner with 1 or more Sales VPs on the people strategy for
- Provide support and guidance to people leaders at all levels
within the sales organization (front line managers, mid-management,
and senior executives).
- Experience with sales compensation, sales plans, sales
data/analysis as needed, in partnership with the Sales Operations
and People Operations team.
- Understand GitLab's sales strategy in order to align people
strategies to meet business goals.
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our
programs and initiatives.
- Expert-level experience in a variety of HR competency areas
such as organizational design and development, leadership
development, change management, performance management, and
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with fluid
- Comfortable using technology, including Google Workspace and
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills;
ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Obsessed with results that matter; able to create and deliver
full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely
- Team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a
fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems; resourceful and takes
initiative to seek internal and external resources when
- Very strong EQ, with fine-tuned instincts and problem-solving
skills. Demonstrates sound, consistent, trusted judgment.
- Experience working with Global Talent (Americas, EMEA, APAC);
remote experience preferred.
- Comfortable with high volume and very fast-paced workload; not
afraid to "roll up your sleeves" to complete more tactical work.
Able to switch between strategic and tactical work daily.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Master's degree and/or HR
Certification strongly preferred.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we
For information about our privacy practices in the recruitment
Keywords: Git Lab, Eugene , People Business Partner (Sales), Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!