Charge Nurse, Emergency Services
Company: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg
Posted on: July 11, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic
Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700
care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
$41.66 - $61.93
Full-Time, Nights. Three (3) shifts per week 1830 - 0700 with every
other weekend rotating schedule
Week 1&3: Thu, Fri, Sat; Week 2&4: Sun, Mon, Tue
Works collaboratively with the leadership team, the department
staff, physicians and interdisciplinary and ancillary staff to
support day-to-day operations and patient care. Demonstrates
clinical excellence, skilled communication, true collaboration,
effective decision-making, appropriate staffing decisions,
authentic leadership, and performs operational responsibilities of
the role. On call required with 30 minute response time.
- Makes effective decisions in the unit by assessing situations
in their entirety incorporating patient and family perspectives
that affect patient care.
- Coordinates with other charge nurses, unit coordinators and
nurse coordinator to facilitate patient flow within the
- Participates in and supports communication processes with
patients, families and the healthcare team.
- Makes appropriate staffing decisions that match assessed
patient needs with nurse competencies.
- Follows department staffing matrix based on acuity, activity
and skill mix and communicates with department leadership and/or
nursing coordinator to develop a contingency plan. Takes patients
- Facilitates staff breaks and lunches.
- Assesses productivity every four (4) hours within shift,
anticipates changes and manages staff appropriately to maintain
productivity and safety. Justifies variances when safety outweighs
- Recognizes gaps in experience in various levels of acuity and
works with unit leadership to train and mentor staff.
- Ensures department is operating safely and is responsive to
emergencies. Checks or assigns crash carts, rooms stocked, blanket
warmer stocked, and Point of Care quality controls are completed
accurately and documented.
- Performs weekly narcotic inventory. Reports discrepancies to
- Plays an active role in performance improvement
- Able to function in all roles in the unit and acts as a backup
and resource for staff.
- Acts as a super user for IT systems used in the unit.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Current RN License issued by the State of Oregon.
- Specialty certification upon hire preferred (example: CCRN,
PCCN, CEN, RNC).
- BLS for Health Care Providers and ACLS upon hire.
- TNCC and PALS within six (6) months of hire. After initial TNCC
certification, TEAM may be alternated with TNCC. After initial PALS
certification, ENPC may be alternated with PALS.
- Must have arrhythmia certification within 3 months of date of
hire - may test out of arrhythmia class during orientation with a
grade of 80% or better
- Two (2) years' current Emergency Department Experience.
- Previous designated Charge Nurse experience in related
- Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- BSN preferred.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg, Eugene , Charge Nurse, Emergency Services, Other , ROSEBURG, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!