Company: Oakshire Public House
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Position: PubtenderOakshire Employee Classification: Part-time,
20-30 hours per week. Position Objective: Oakshire exists to create
and share great beer experiences. Pubtenders on the Oakshire Public
House team provide direct service to Oakshire guests in order to
create and share a great beer experience for every guest visit.
Service includes welcoming, educating, serving beer for on-premise
and selling beer for off-premise consumption. Pubtenders perform a
variety of roles both inside and outside of the Public House.
Duties and Responsibilities: Customer Service
- Provide friendly, knowledgeable and comfortable customer
service to all guests.
- Greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness and ensure
they have a positive experience.
- Clearly communicate current information on Public House
processes with all guests, including offering a clear description
of ordering systems.
- Clearly communicate beer information - styles, descriptions,
and background to customers.
- Accurately and enthusiastically talk about Oakshire's beers,
people, processes, and company history.
- Be kind, patient, positive, and ready to serve.
- Prepare & serve all beverages in a manner consistent with
Oakshire, local, state, and federal standards and laws. Public
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts ready to work.
- Thoroughly understand the importance of meticulous hand
hygiene, with use of frequent and proper hand washing.
- Execute the Oakshire Public House service program, which
provides a comfortable, attended, beer-drinking establishment loved
by the Oakshire community near and far.
- Understand and execute all Stand Operating Procedures (SOPs) at
- Operate the Point of Sale ("POS") system in an efficient manner
and with the goal of 100% accuracy.
- Clearly communicate current health and safety information with
all guests, as pertinent to their experience at the Public
- Understand and enforce physical/social distancing rules in a
kind but firm manner.
- Prepare work area for opening and closing, following all items
on daily checklists.
- Complete side work as time is available, following daily
- Complete cleaning tasks in accordance with duty rosters and
cleaning standards. Watershed Market - Beer2go, kegs and
merchandise with the Oakshire Public House
- Work shifts in the Watershed Market, including filling corn keg
and selling packaged beer, merchandise, and kegs.
- Properly complete all OLCC keg-sales paperwork and keg
- Actively engage verbally with customers while maintaining
appropriate distance at all times.
- Kindly educate and direct donation and sponsorship requests to
Oakshire's website, in addition to processing donations when they
are ready for pickup. Field Marketing - Events at retail locations
outside the Oakshire Public House
- Work local tastings, festivals, and events in the trade as
scheduled by the Public House General Manager and Field Marketing
- Ensure that all items needed to execute a successful
tasting/festival/event are ready and stocked, per the
- Arrive on time, prepared, and ready to work.
- Have a full understanding of the goals for the
- Have an enthusiastic, positive, and professional demeanor
during set-up, the event, and breakdown. Additional
responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor Required Skills and
TraitsPerformance of this job will be reviewed in light of ability
to maintain the following
- Healthy interest in and knowledge of artisan beer.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and
follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Flexible and willing to embrace frequent changes as they come,
with the utmost positivity.
- Ability to learn, understand, and prioritize comprehensive
hazard and safety programs, and current procedures related to
- Desire to expand knowledge about artisan beer and brewing
production, especially as it pertains to Oakshire, and to actively
engage in on-site continuing education.
- Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to creating and
sharing great beer experiences.
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication
skills. Non-verbal communication skills include tone, timing, eye
contact and personal presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to
work closely, but safely, with fellow team-members, supporting each
other as needed.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout
the day while minimizing transition time between tasks, while
maintaining priority focus on each guest's experience.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception
of one's own communications and the communications of others.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including
day, swing or night shifts.
- Ability to stand and work on feet for over 8 hours at a
- Ability to work in a loud environment with alcohol service
- Follow all Federal, State, and local laws.
- Follow all guidelines in the Oakshire Employee HandbookRequired
Minimum Qualifications & ExperienceThree years of customer service
experienceOLCC Servers PermitFlexible schedule with availability to
work short notice on-call shiftsFully vaccinated for COVID19Valid
Oregon Driver License and clean driving recordPhysical DemandsThe
following physical demands are representative of those that must be
met by an employee in the position described to perform the
position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb
or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which
may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and
sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely
and per standardized operating procedures.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a
moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a
Keywords: Oakshire Public House, Eugene , Oakshire Pubtender, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!