Company: Oregon Medical Group
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Oregon Medical Group offers a competitive compensation and
benefits package including:
* Low cost medical, dental, and vision insurance with $0 copay when
seeing an OMG provider
* 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
* Paid Time Off - up to 4.6 weeks to start
* Education assistance and tuition reimbursement
* Company paid corporate gym membership
* Company paid short term disability
PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position is vital to our patients,
providers and other support staff, by providing a smooth
patient/workflow for all involved. This is achieved by efficiently
and effectively communicating with patients, to ensure that the
needs of the patient are met while following the appointment
guidelines set forth by the Imaging Department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
* Receive and assess information from ordering physician,
radiologist and technologist concerning procedures and preliminary
diagnosis. Request any additional information needed to adequately
support diagnosis and follow up to match DX, reason for exam and
* Schedule exam-coordinating technologist, radiologist and nurse
schedules for combined procedures. Coordinate with technologist and
Film Library for STAT and same-day add-ons.
* Follow guidelines for each imaging modality, equipment
requirements, restrictions and technologist dependent ability.
* Explain testing procedures to patient and interview patient prior
to scheduling examination to obtain pertinent history for imaging
documentation and correct scheduling. Review safety scheduling
questions and protocols. Consult with patients concerning
expectations, procedure preparation, appointments for ancillary
services, and barium instructions.
* Identify patient allergies and diagnosis that may require
prescriptions, contact ordering provider and request RX as needed.
Understand and follow the approved prescription refill protocols
for MRI enterography.
* Monitor MI appointment requests as well as GE Imaging desktop.
Update GE imaging order with scheduled appointment information;
send appointment information to outside providers as requested.
Change the status to "Admin Hold" in GE from "In Process".
* Enter outside imaging orders into Medinformatix, send order to
appropriate technologist and CBO/Indexing.
* Communicate with referring physicians, their office's personnel,
patients and patient's family to ascertain vital clinical
information required for imaging studies.
* Identify and enter lab orders for Imaging Panel. Utilize the
Orders Module in Centricity to enter lab orders for patients with
corresponding accurate diagnosis.
* Review, sort and organize correspondence and distribute paperwork
to the appropriate Imaging Departments using the EMR to determine
patient identification if needed.
* Assess and confirm PA process is in place, with appropriate
coding for procedure using knowledge of billing codes and diagnosis
codes, proceed with prior authorization of the services. Confirm
accurate records of PA numbers.
* Assist with general business office functions, including, but not
limited to assisting patients with insurance concerns.
* Provide all staff with accurate and updated information about
imaging schedule changes, to minimize rescheduling and facilitate
appropriate use of the radiologist's and technologist's time.
* Work with radiologist and technologist in resolving scheduling
function issues and answering questions.
* Maintain strictest confidentiality.
* Ongoing Customer Service Training.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of medical terminology used to
administer imaging exams, diagnoses, procedure codes and
reimbursement practices. Skill in use of computer. Ability to
examine documents for accuracy and completeness. Ability to prepare
records in accordance with detailed instructions. Ability to
communicate and work effectively with patients, co-workers and
numerous other professionals outside our site. Ability to work well
under stress and deadlines. Excellent verbal and written
communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively
with staff, providers and patients. Must be detail oriented,
ensuring accurate documentation and care is implemented for all
patients. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary
patient care. Ability to work independently and to carry out
assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given,
prescribed routines and standard accepted practices. Knowledge of
common safety hazards and precautions for imaging studies.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of courses
in medical terminology preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of medical office or hospital experience.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role.
Oregon Medical Group will adhere to all federal, state and local
regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to
employment to ensure compliance.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for prolonged periods of
time and some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye
coordination and manual dexterity necessary for the operation of
basic office equipment such as computer terminal and telephone. May
require lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires hearing in normal acuity
range and eyesight correctable to 20/20. Must have adequate manual
dexterity to write legibly and perform required procedures.
Requires the ability to work quickly under high stress. Interaction
with others is constant and interruptive.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in reception area;
involving contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times.
Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact
involving dealing with sick people.
About Oregon Medical Group
Oregon Medical Group provides patients with a single point of
access to a full range of comprehensive and coordinated health
care, including primary care, pediatrics and over 20 other
specialties. Supporting services include on-site labs and x-ray
services, a state-of-the-art imaging department, physical therapy,
infusion center and more. OMG emphasizes preventative care and
healthy living as it cares for patients. Addressing the cause of
health issues is as important as treating symptoms; many OMG
patients credit their physicians and clinicians for support with
health, fitness and other lifestyle choices. Founded in 1988, OMG
physicians, clinicians and staff provide care from 10 locations
across the Eugene and Springfield areas to help our patients live
their healthiest lives. Learn more at OregonMedicalGroup.com.
* Our Mission: We collaborate to provide the highest quality,
* Our Vision: Together, we help you live your healthiest life.
* Our Values: Servant Leadership - Professionalism -
Keywords: Oregon Medical Group, Eugene , Imaging Scheduler, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!