Welders / Fabricators
Company: Mohawk Metal Company Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Basic Functions Of PositionAssembly, welding, and fabrication of
parts following prescribed methods, as directed, or as called out
on customer's blueprints and requirements.Specific Duties And
- Assemble and weld fabrications to customer's prints and
specifications, using welding equipment, hand and power tools, jigs
- Select assembly method, or assemble under the directions of
Journeyman or Supervisor. Work and fit parts to close
- Drill, ream, punch, oxyfuel burn, plasma burn, grind and/or air
arc metal as required. Operate equipment associated with these
- Set up welder current, amperage, and gas flows to setting
specified. Weld to specifications to obtain proper penetration,
fusion, and strength. Select electrode type, set tips, etc., as
specified, or as instructed by Journeyman or Supervisor
- Position material and forklift, jib, or overhead crane.
- Read and interpret prints, and inspect work to tolerances and
specifications called out.
- Maintain welder and equipment. Keep work area orderly and
- Complete all necessary forms, and paperwork, including time
cards, product reports, etc.
- Perform all work functions within established safety
guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Other work as assigned by Journeyman or Supervisor.Physical
Requirements / Environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to bend, stoop and climb
- Able to operate manual and power tools, forklift and overhead
crane.Education / Experience
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and welding,
engineering and material specifications.
- Must be proficient in MIG, FCAW, and tack welding.
- Must have solid math, dimensional and reading skills, Able to
use English and Metric Tape.Employment Type: Full TimeYears
Experience: 1 - 3 yearsSalary: $17 - $22 HourlyBonus/Commission:
Keywords: Mohawk Metal Company Inc., Eugene , Welders / Fabricators, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!