Company: Rogers Corporation
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Summary:Rogers is seeking a talented Data Architect to deliver
insightful data to inform its systems, solutions, and decisions.
You will be responsible for the ongoing development, enhancement,
and support of the Rogers Data Platform (RDP) built with Microsoft
Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse, Synapse Data Pipelines, and Power
BI. The Architect will collaborate with developers and data
analysts to ensure an optimal data architecture that is performant
and scalable. You should have strong analytical skills and
familiarity with programming languages to source, transform, and
integrate data from different sources. Essential Functions:
- Work in diverse business domains (Manufacturing, Sales,
Service, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.) through projects, change
requests and service desk tickets.
- Collaborates and communicates with stakeholders to understand
business requirements from a technical perspective ranging from
simple reporting to more complex data science needs.
- Formulates Rogers' data strategy and defines its data
management standards and principles.
- Guides, mentors, and leads developers, analysts, and
contractors to build and maintain the organization, structure, and
integrity of Rogers' data assets and processes.
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents solutions of medium to
high complexity using Rogers' tools and standards to achieve
- Ensures the accuracy of data: performs quality audits,
identifies data gaps, conducts root cause analysis, and tracks
error resolution through completion.
- Monitors Rogers' data environments and investigates problems in
systems and services. Takes proactive steps to improve performance,
scalability, and users' experience.
- Understands and complies with relevant organizational policies
and procedures (e.g., IT and SOx controls). Takes responsibility
for assessing and managing risks around the use of data.
- Applies and maintains security controls as required by
organizational policy and risk assessments to maintain
confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
- Keeps abreast of new technology that may address challenges or
to enable new ways of working. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science,
Software Development, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a data engineering or developer role
working with multiple data sources, storage technologies, and data
- 7+ years of experience using SQL to store, manipulate, and
retrieve data in relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience storing, manipulating, and retrieving
structured and unstructured data using Azure Data Lake Storage and
Azure Synapse. Experience with data modeling and dimensional
analysis following classic star schema and snowflake patterns.
- 3+ years of experience with data pipeline tools, such as Azure
Data Factory, with different formats (Parquet, XML, JSON, CSV,
- 2+ years of experience with object-oriented/object function
languages like Python, R, or similar in a data engineering and data
- Experience serving as a lead developer or a team lead.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, planning, and
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of
multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as well
as software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum, etc.)
following formal development practices and creating technical
Keywords: Rogers Corporation, Eugene , Data Architect, Other , Remote, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!