Nurse Emergency Services II
Company: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg
Posted on: November 24, 2022
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow
professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment
and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly
beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding
of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion
Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our
interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In
the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel
immediately at home. - Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in
Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in
a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In
many places you'll find it hard to maintain a healthy
work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is
indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here
but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you
missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible
parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in
front of it. And the three words you may never hear are "Wow that's
expensive." Easy is the best way to describe life here.
Hard-to-beat works too. Click here to view the ANTI-RETALIATION
NOTICE / Oregon Nurse Staffing Law: SB 469 Responsibilities
Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible
Position! Pay Scale: $39.81- $60.89 Shift: 6:45am - 7:15pm Core
Schedule: -Week 1 Sun, Mon, Thu; Week 2 Mon, Fri, Sat Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Emergency Department Clinical
Coordinator, the Emergency Department RN II performs duties by
applying professional nursing theory and principles, and utilizes
the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care
given to patients in the ED. - Works collaboratively with the
interdisciplinary health care team in providing patient care. -
Demonstrates clinical, organizational, and communication skills in
dealing with patients, families, and other health care workers. On
call with a 30 minute response time is required in this position.
Essential Duties Include the Following:
- Observes, collects and records data related to patient's
biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and self-care ability, as
well as educational and discharge planning needs as indicated.
- Analyzes assessment findings and test results to provide the
basis for planning timely and effective nursing interventions.
- Implements an age-appropriate plan of care in conjunction with
the physician, the patient, the patient's family and/or significant
others and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
Incorporates patients' individual social, emotional and cultural
needs into the planning and teaching process.
- Documents and utilizes patient data to measure progress toward
attainment of patient outcomes and patient goals.
- Documents the care given in a complete and timely manner.
- Effectively cares for psychiatric patients.
- Effectively manages and utilizes sophisticated equipment
associated with Emergency Department care. Ensures that equipment
is available, in proper place, and maintained in a working
- Accurately assigns triage category. Reassess patients in
waiting area based on triage acuity guidelines and re-categorizes
them as appropriate.
- Monitors hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interprets
- Anticipates and acts quickly in emergency patient care
- Communicates significant data effectively to other staff as
well as family/significant others as appropriate. Identifies the
learning needs of the patient and/or significant others, and
initiates measures to meet those needs within the patient's
assessed learning abilities.
- Completes documentation related to teaching intervention.
- Administers medications according to hospital
policies/procedure to ensure patient safety Follows safe medication
administration practices using the 5 R's: Right Medication, Right
Patient, Right Dose, Right Route, and Right Time.
- Provides for and follows precautions to ensure patient safety
as well as infection control. Utilizes safety equipment according
to hospital policies to ensure for own and co-workers' safety
- Current RN license issued by the State of Oregon required.
- Must have current American Heart Association BLS for Health
Care Providers upon hire, arrhythmia certification within three (3)
months of hire, ACLS within three (3) months of hire, PALS within
six (6) months of hire and TNCC within one (1) year of hire. After
initial PALS certification, ENPC may be alternated with PALS. After
initial TNCC certification, TEAM may be alternated with TNCC.
- A minimum of 2400 hours within the last two (2) years in acute
care nursing required.
- Completed competencies in the Emergency Department with ACLS,
PALS and TNCC preferred. -
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.
Keywords: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg, Eugene , Nurse Emergency Services II, Other , Roseburg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!