Company: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg
Posted on: November 24, 2022
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow
professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment
and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly
beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding
of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion
Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our
interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In
the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel
immediately at home. - Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in
Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in
a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In
many places you'll find it hard to maintain a healthy
work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is
indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here
but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you
missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible
parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in
front of it. And the three words you may never hear are "Wow that's
expensive." Easy is the best way to describe life here.
Hard-to-beat works too. Responsibilities
Pay Scale: $19.68 - $27.06 Shift: 10:45am - 11:15pm Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Emergency Department Clinical
Coordinator, the Emergency Department Technician is responsible for
assisting with the implementation and coordination of patient care
with other staff, as directed by the physician. - Coordinates
patient care with other Emergency Department staff and provides
support to physicians with procedures and instruments. This
position required on call with a 30 minute response time. Essential
- Provides support to physician with procedures and
- Coordinates patient care with professional and support
- Performs delegated patient care tasks as assigned.
- Monitors patient vital signs and notifies the RN or physician
if they change.
- Prepares wounds for suturing.
- Applies dressings when directed by professional staff.
- Measures and applies OrthoGlass Splints, utilizes OrthoGlass
- Establishes IV access and performs phlebotomy when ordered by
- Performs 12 Lead EKG procedures.
- Transports patients to assigned units as appropriate. Assists
patients at time of discharge from the department, whether the
patient is being admitted to a floor or discharged for release.
- Must have current American Heart Association BLS for Health
Care Providers upon hire. Experience:
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience, Paramedic
certification, EMT Certification or completion of the second term
of Nursing Curriculum required.
- ED and/or Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
while maintaining the ability to multi task and prioritize in order
to obtain the highest level of efficiency and effectiveness.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- IV training must be completed within three (3) months of hire
- Must complete arrhythmia class within three (3) months of hire
Keywords: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg, Eugene , ED Tech, Other , Roseburg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!