Nurse ICU II
Company: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg
Posted on: November 24, 2022
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow
professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment
and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly
beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding
of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion
Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our
interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In
the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel
immediately at home. - Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in
Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in
a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In
many places you'll find it hard to maintain a healthy
work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is
indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here
but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you
missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible
parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in
front of it. And the three words you may never hear are "Wow that's
expensive." Easy is the best way to describe life here.
Hard-to-beat works too. Click here to view the ANTI-RETALIATION
NOTICE / Oregon Nurse Staffing Law: SB 469 Responsibilities
Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible
Position! Pay Scale: $39.81- $60.89 Shift: 6:45pm - 7:15am Core
Schedule: Week 1 Fri, Sat; Week 2 Sun, Mon Job Summary: Performs
duties of considerable difficulty, applying professional nursing
theory and principles, and utilizes the nursing process to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate care given to patients. - Works
collaboratively with the interdisciplinary healthcare team in
providing patient care. - Demonstrates clinical, organizational and
communication skills in dealing with patients, families and other
healthcare workers. This position requires on-call with a 30 minute
response time. Essential Duties:
- Observes, collects and timely records data related to patient's
biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and self-care ability
Identifies and documents educational and discharge planning needs
within the patient's assessed learning abilities.
- Analyzes assessment data to formulate a nursing diagnosis and
to provide the basis for planning timely and effective nursing
- Implements an age appropriate plan of care in conjunction with
the physician, patient, patient's family, significant other and
other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Documents and utilizes patient data to measure progress toward
attainment of patient outcomes and patient goals.
- Effectively manages and utilizes sophisticated equipment
associated with critical care.
- Involves patient and significant other in education and
decision making process related to patient's care.
- Administers medication according to hospital
policies/procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Provides for and follows precautions to ensure patient safety
related to fall prevention.
- Ensures that equipment is available, in proper place and
maintained in working condition.
- Utilizes safety equipment in accordance with hospital policies
to ensure for own and co-worker safety needs.
- Provides direction to other team members of the nursing team to
ensure that patient care needs are met in a safe and knowledgeable
manner, and reflects efficient and effective utilization of
- May float after orientation to other departments such as PCU &
- Actively participates in achievement of facility, department,
personal and professional objectives. - Participates in performance
improvement activities to improve care, processes and customer
- Attends educational programs, in-services, and continuing
education to promote self-development and the advancement of
clinical knowledge and skills. Accountable to identify and seek out
learning experiences relevant to normal job functions. Shares
knowledge in the educational process with co-workers and new staff
- Attends all department staff meetings. Accountable for staying
current on department, hospital, and committee communications.
- Current RN license issued by the State of Oregon required.
- Must have current American Heart Association BLS for Health
Care Providers at hire.
- ACLS required within six (6) months of hire, -
- TNCC, PALS and/or CCRN certification preferred. Experience:
- A minimum of 2400 hours within the last 24 months as a
Registered Nurse in acute care required.
- Must be able to apply nursing theory, principles ad process to
critical care nursing practice.
- Must use sound clinical decision making, plan care and takes
action that guides the patient towards the best possible outcome.
- Must be able to collaborate and possess effective communication
skills to preserve the integrity and dignity of patients, families,
individuals and the team. Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
Keywords: CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg, Eugene , Nurse ICU II, Other , Roseburg, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!