Patient Access Rep Lead
Posted on: March 16, 2023
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Rep Lead for a Full
Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $19.86 -
$34.88; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional
experience, and/or work location. ***Hiring Bonus may be
available!*** JOB SUMMARYAssists in coordinating some or all of the
following activities: scheduling; insurance verification and
pre-certification; billing concerns and co-pay collections. Acts as
a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with
pre-visit services.Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day
functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that
departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service
excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical
assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work;
monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive
feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement;
ensures compliance with policies; provides leadership feedback on
staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Pre-registers patients with accurate patient demographic and
financial data. May register patients using a mobile cart that is
taken in to patient room or other areas.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are
met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals
as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Serves as a resource for questions including compliance and
complaints, and trouble-shooting patient billing and staff
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of Patient Access Rep experience
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations required.OTHER
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including
Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting
time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal
skills.COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTESPHMG Communities Only:
- Strong background in customer service and/or in a lead role may
be considered in lieu of Patient Access Rep experience.
- Timekeeper, scheduler and MYTime specialist.
- Update and maintain provider schedules.
- Maintain and audit PAR cash drawers.
- Initiate Patient Dismissal Process and collaborate with
Supervisor/Manager.PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time)PeaceHealth is
committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical,
emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a
competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the
many benefits included in this package are full
medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base
and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and
disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options;
tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits,
and expanded EAP and mental health program.For full consideration
of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with
your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in
accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.Must be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series
or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose
prior to start date.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Eugene , Patient Access Rep Lead, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...