Company: Oregon Pacific Bank
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Oregon Pacific Bank is looking for a Controller. This position
is responsible for the overall coordination and management of
accounting procedures and policies to assure the bank's financial
accounts are accurate, and appropriate controls are implemented.
Supervises all unit accounting personnel. This is an in-person
position located in our Eugene market.If this sounds intriguing, we
invite you to visit www.OPBC.com and discover why OPB has been
named one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon for
several years running. We attribute that success by consistently
scoring high marks for workplace satisfaction, leadership, work
environment, career development, and generous benefits
programs-such as comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans,
long term disability, and life insurance plans for employees and
dependents with very little or no cost to employees. Other benefits
include 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, fitness club membership,
and of course, well-considered paid vacation and sick
leave.CONTROLLER-JOB SPECIFICATIONS:Education: Bachelor's degree in
accounting, finance or business administration or equivalent
experience. CPA certification preferred.Experience: Minimum 5 years
of accounting experience, banking experience preferred
CONTROLLER-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSFinancial and Regulatory
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the independent
financial statement audit.
- Prepare Annual Report financial statements and footnotes.
- Coordinate with department heads to prepare the annual budget,
including identification of budget assumptions.
- Coordinate asset/liability modeling through outside vendor ALX
- Prepare annual review of ALM model assumptions on beta factors
and decay rates and recommend changes.
- Prepare semi-annual liquidity stress testing.
- Review Staff Accountant prepared monthly financial board
- Review Staff Accountant prepared quarterly Call report and FR-Y
- Participating member of ALCO.
- Oversee quarterly Regulation F compliance.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable process including weekly invoice
processing by staff accountant.
- Oversee completion of GL account certifications
- Oversee the Fixed Assets process including review monthly
depreciation entries and reconciliation to general ledger.Taxes
- Coordinate preparation of the annual income tax provision with
third party accountants.
- Review monthly tax provision calculation
- Review quarterly estimated tax payments
- Oversee the coordination of the annual real and personal
property taxesInvestment Management
- Provide oversight for the Bank's $200 million investment
portfolio, in conjunction with the CFO, including evaluations of
purchase or sale strategies utilizing the total return
- Review and approve the monthly bond accounting entries prepared
by Staff Accountant
- Maintain investment pledging sufficient for all required
collateral programs, including public funds, Oregon Division of
Finance and borrowing lines. CONTROLLER-WORK CONTEXT
- Ability to concentrate and focus on essential functions in
appropriate priority order is required.
- Requires being punctual, dependable, detail oriented and
responsible for work outcomes and results.
- Requires sitting for long periods and traveling to other
departments and locations, as needed.
- Requires contact with others by telephone conversations, use of
electronic mail, and face-to-face discussions.
- Requires completion of assigned on-line training courses with a
- Professional environment requiring appropriate professional
demeanor and attire.
- Work is performed indoors in environmentally controlled
- Extensive knowledge of banking regulations and compliance
- Extensive knowledge of accounting concepts, policies and
procedures as they apply to the Bank
- Ability to stay current with new FASB and regulatory rules and
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve with creative thinking
- Ability to manage project time lines effectively
- Ability to train and mentor department personnel, including
Staff Accountant direct report.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Effective verbal communication and ability to compose
professional correspondence and documents
- Ability to maintain a confidential and professional demeanor at
- Competency in face-to-face contact, providing exemplary
- Competency in communication with co-workers with tact and
- Ability to tolerate high levels of stress
- Ability to interpret bank policies and procedures
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds if necessary
- Ability to work hours required to fulfill job expectationsCORE
BEHAVIORS for DELIVERING ON THE PROMISE
- Be Genuine-Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest, and
- Work Ethic- Be willing to go the extra mile for the client,
whether internal or external
- Influence-Be an active player in participating, building, and
contributing to service
- Continuous Learning-Commit to gaining knowledge, skills, and
experience on an ongoing basis to better serve the client, increase
personal satisfaction, and improve the Bank
- Team Play-We win together. Individuality is encouraged to
advance and enrich the work of the team
- Problem Solving-Being creative, problem-solving mentality to
every situation. See alternative, take initiative, and assume
responsibility for your actions
- Communication-Keep others informed and up to date. Actively
listen and learn from each other
- Have a Sense of Community-We passionately believe that we're
only as strong as the communities we serve, and your involvement is
an important part of who we areOregon Pacific Bank is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or
veteran's status. PI217136135
Keywords: Oregon Pacific Bank, Eugene , Controller, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...