Posted on: November 9, 2019
PeaceHealth is seeking a Diabetes Educator for a 1.0 full time
equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day
shift with shift durations of 10 Hours.
Req ID: 178476
This position is responsible for providing individualized or group,
goal directed diabetes management and education for patients and
their families according to the Scope of Practice, Standards of
Practice, and Standards of Professional performance for Diabetes
Educators. The position works 20 hours per week at the University
District Diabetes Endocrinology & Metabolism Clinic, and 20 hours
per week at the Cottage Grove Family Practice Clinic.
1. Collaboratively develops educational goals, learning objectives
and a plan for education content and teaching methods for program
2. Provides diabetes self-management training to patients in the
clinic setting. Develops an individualized follow-up plan with each
3. Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by
measuring attainment of learning objectives. Conducts a follow-up
assessment upon completion of the program.
4. Documents patient care in the medical record according to
5. Participate in the development of training materials.
Contributes to and participates in continuous quality improvement
6. Evaluates ability to obtain diabetes related medications and
testing equipment and related supplies.
7. Maintain and update education materials and keeping current with
operational guidelines of monitoring devices and glycemic
medicatoin delivery systems.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program or
Bachelor's degree in Nutrition Sciences required.
- Minimum of one year experience in general medical nursing or
dietetics with a variety of chronic conditions, including diabetes,
cardiovascular and renal disease
- Experience as diabetes educator in outpatient setting
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of practice or
current national registration as dietician and state licensure or
certification for the state of practice may be required
- Certification as Diabetes Educator required.
- Other state specific certification may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to affectively teach in a group setting,
utilizing a variety of educational methods
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office
- Ability to recognize and prioritize complex data to best serve
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and ability to learn new
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHMG - Oregon West Network Outpatient:
- National Board Certification for Diabetes Education required or
must be able to obtain within 12 months of employment.
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor
cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes
or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body
fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and
attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of
your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit
Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington,
Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000
caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than
900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural
communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today,
PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues
with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social
justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a
collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about
working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this
three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email
Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept
resumes or applications.
Location: Eugene, Physician & Surgeons South Building (427)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 10 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $32.97, more depending on
Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified Diabetes Educator;
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without
regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified
individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender;
pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic
information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in
accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers
assigned to this job.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Eugene , Diabetes Educator, Other , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!