ESS Purchasing/Inventory Specialist
Company: Motion and Flow Control Products Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: Reporting to the ESS Operations
Director, the ESS Purchasing/Inventory Specialist, PIS will be
responsible for purchase items for production orders created in
Bakersfield, Corona, Eugene, Sacramento, Aurora. The ESS PIS would
research, evaluate & purchase job specific inventory & equipment
based on review of the Purchasing Spreadsheets, PSS, for open
projects. The ESS PIS would develop a purchasing/inventory plan for
each branch to obtain best purchase price based on current &
historical use of components in each location. Correspond with ESS
Project Coordinator Manager, Engineering Director and or Managers
in a professional and timely manner as the ability to understand
the customer's delivery expectations is one of the highest priories
to this position. Support of the ESS Support Team might be required
based on the volume or specific need.Primary Duties:
- Participate in a positive team atmosphere, demonstrate strong
team concept skills, communicate professionally and positively with
all team members.
- Acknowledge all requests promptly with an outlined of
expectation of completion.
- Run reports daily, to prepare P.O.'s to vendors & transfers to
- Purchase all components within 24 hours.
- Develop working plan with the ESS Expediter, regarding all
incoming acknowledgments & getting them recorded on the appropriate
PSS & noted appropriately on the P.O.'s within P21.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate & obtain a solution with
Engineering regarding incorrect part numbers and or alternative
parts that may be necessary to complete projects to deliver on time
to the customer.
- Develop a purchasing/inventory plan regarding proper purchasing
of components based on discounts available, SPA's, quantity
discounts etc., to create a best practice plan in place.
- Maintain min/max for job specific inventory approved to be in
each location,Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.Basic Requirements:
- Excellent written & oral communication and strong relationship
building skills required.
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills an d the
ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work
- Strong computer skills including use of MS Office (Word, Excel
& Outlook) with a willingness to learn new software programs.
Experience or willingness to learn Epicor Prophet 21 a plus.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to learning and understanding
the production schedule and requirements for all ESS production and
- Is committed to having material delivered on time.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Ability to write effective business correspondence via
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic such as: add,
subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- As MFCP is a small employer and employees work in a
collaborative team environment, employee must be physically present
in the office to perform his/her job functions.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record, in
accordance with company guidelines.Physical Demands and Work
Environment:Job requires frequent lifting up to 70 pounds,
stooping, reaching above shoulder level, pushing, pulling,
constantly walking/standing on cement flooring and climbing ladders
as needed. Working conditions involve a fast-paced shop/repair and
warehouse environment containing moving equipment, fluctuating
temperature and inventory in various storage arrangements. The
physical demands and work environment reflected are representative
of those encountered by employees when performing the essential job
functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the job. Salary:DOEBenefits:Along with a competitive salary, MFCP
offers attractive benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision,
401(k) Investment Plan, Life Insurance and Paid
holidays/vacation/sick time.Candidates are subject to
pre-employment criminal background, drug screen and DMV record
review, along with possible reference checks."We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age,
race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, genetic
information, or any other applicable status protected by federal,
state or local law." This Employer Participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Motion and Flow Control Products Inc, Eugene , ESS Purchasing/Inventory Specialist, Professions , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!