Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: March 13, 2019
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact,and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?As a Scientist I you will work in a manufacturing environment and be responsible for performing protein and dye conjugations while following quality and safety standards. Following written procedures, you will be technically capable of performing production processes.
This position has not been approved for relocation sponsorship.
What will you do?
- Produce and analyze protein based products to meet customer requirements and timelines
- Maintain accurate inventory of materials using advanced ERP controls
- Analyze and interpret scientific data. Utilize specialized technical knowledge or skills necessary
- Maintain professional communication with representatives from other departments and teams as required
- Actively participate in team activities (conflict resolution, team building, scheduling)
- Work to achieve department goals and business objectives with respect to quality, on-time completion of work, and safety
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, including good documentation practices
How will you get here?
- BS/BA Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline
- Experience in a technical manufacturing environment
- Experienced with Microsoft Applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with pipetting, UV-Vis spectroscopy, HPLC methodology, centrifugation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal), demonstrated team leadership and management skills
- Motivated, flexible, able to follow through, and able to focus in a fast pace environment
- Organized (evaluates and handles priorities effectively), detail oriented, and proactive
- Excellent time management, and ability to work independently
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Eugene , Scientist, Production, Professions , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!