Account Manager (Industrial Distribution, Field Sales)
Company: Applied Industrial Technologies
Posted on: June 12, 2019
ACCOUNT MANAGER (INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTION, FIELD SALES)
Eugene, OR, US, 97402 Company: 1100-Applied Industrial
Account representatives don t pass up this opportunity for a great
new job that combines Client management with a Consultative sales
process for a global industrial distribution company. Partnering
with 4,000 world-class manufacturers, we are an industry-leading
value-added distributor of a wide variety of innovative and
reliable industrial products. Since 1923, we have been committed to
always having the right part in stock and always getting it to the
customer when they need it.
We are currently seeking an experienced Account Manager to help us
maintain that commitment as we continue to grow.
This is a relationship-based sales role. Build your book of
business as you develop an established territory and customer base.
All earnings are uncapped your income is limited only by your
ability to network and prospect for new customers and to grow your
existing accounts. If you have a background in industrial
distribution and are the kind of person who can talk with everyone
from the CEO to the maintenance man on the shop floor and the
purchasing agent, we want to talk with you!
As an Account Manager, you will grow your territory (and your
earnings!) by bringing in new business and developing repeat
business relationships within your existing accounts. This will
require that you call on engineers, maintenance, purchasing, and
others to determine their needs through a consultative approach.
This position reports directly to our General Manager.
* Achieve sales and profit goals by developing and retaining
existing customers and by opening new business
* Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer
relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new
products and services
* Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up, negotiate terms, and
* Organize and conduct training sessions for customers
* Survey market and competitive conditions
* Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls,
leads, and other related matters
* Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and
mak emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
Our Account Managers are self-motivated and driven by a desire to
exceed expectations. They have strong prioritization, planning, and
time-management skills, and a sense of urgency. Excellent verbal
and written communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability
to establish rapport building solid relationships at all levels of
customer organizations are keys to success.
* 2+ years proven outside sales experience OR 2+ yrs B2B customer
service / inside sales experience with a tangible product
* Proven experience and success in developing new business,
building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
* Mechanical aptitude, strong desire to succeed, sense of urgency,
& sense of humor
* Self-starter, motivated to develop business relationships and to
* Good communication skills (written & verbal), good English
* Computer skills and knowledge, including Excel
* Power transmission, hydraulics, and/or bearings product
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver s license and satisfactory driving record (MVR)
As an Account Manager with Applied, you will be part of a stable
and established company with consistently strong performance and
growth. Here is just some of what we have to offer:
* Base salary and uncapped commission opportunities.
* Company vehicle
* Health, vision, and dental coverage
* 401(k) w/ company match
* Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays, tuition
* Personalized training and development program
* Career development and advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding management career with a global leader in
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial
distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the
needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In
addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems
integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as
customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop
services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory
management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital
status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process
because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com
or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Keywords: Applied Industrial Technologies, Eugene , Account Manager (Industrial Distribution, Field Sales), Professions , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!