Market Sales Leader - Eugene, OR
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process. We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture. We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are building a competitively advantaged Campbell Snacks Sales
organization with snacking talent, capabilities and
accountabilities. Guiding our path to excellence is our Sales True
North compass which reflects our values, who we are, what we do and
the unique value we bring to the market.--
Who are we? - Indispensable partner that drives profitable growth
as one team
What we do - Grow faster than the competition every store, every
Unique Value - Build and ensure execution of great plans + DSMP
(Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing)
Our Values - own it like a founder, dare to disrupt, seek the power
of different, do right and be real
Integral to this team is the Market Sales Leader (MSL) who is
responsible for the growth of sales and engagement with our
Independent DSD Partners (IDPs). The MSL will communicate sales,
stale, service and merchandising information to IDPs as well as
support the Zone Sales Manager (ZSM) at regularly scheduled IDP
Forums to collaborate on operational matters with the IDPs. The MSL
is responsible for establishing and maintaining collaborative
relationships with IDPs, retail store management and key customer
decision makers. Principal Accountabilities Retail
- Execute distribution, merchandising and promotion priorities
against targeted goals and in line with specific customer
- Regularly engage with IDPs, including through optional route
consults, to identify and discuss business growth and
- Periodically visit stores to identify service strengths and
- Help to ensure that service levels meet or exceed customer
- Sell incremental placements, point of sale and displays
throughout the store.
- Perform store required resets.
- Develop strong relationships across multiple levels of the
retail store personnel.
- Establish, and maintain, call frequency on major retail chain
supervisors to support sales and service levels.
- Collaborate across the organization to deliver results.
- Understand the consumer and retail customer variations across
multiple classes of trade. (Convenience, Mass, Grocery and Drug,
- Build rapport and trust with all store key management personnel
through frequent visits and communication
- Prepare tailored selling plan with in-depth knowledge of
specific retail customer and full product portfolio to influence
- Follow through on agreed upon sales/service commitments to
exceed store management expectations--
- Regularly engage with IDPs, including through optional joint
business meetings, route consults, and various other optional
business engagement activities, to identify and discuss business
growth, opportunities and challenges.
- Manage use of resources and technology to help support the
IDPs' independent operations.
- Share market information with IDPs and collaborate with them on
problems and opportunities.
- Inspire new IDPs through effective early engagement.
- Conduct physical inventories periodically.--
- Act as key liaison between ZSM and IDP.
- Help identify top notch pool of potential IDPs for open
- Exceed IDP expectations through consistent and preferred IDP
mode of communication and follow-up within 24 hours
- Collaborate regularly with IDPs on growth opportunities and
- Build stronger relationships through regular in-person
connections and support
- Translate service, base business and incremental opportunities
into continuous income and equity growth potential
- Drive speed to shelf on new item innovation
- Ensure planogram compliance and must stock SKUs
- Communicate daily/weekly on retailer standards, sales
opportunities, customer expectations
- Manage use of resources and technology to help support the
IDPs' independent operations.--
- Build pool of potential purchasers for routes
- Clear understanding of the independent contractor business
- Maintain appropriate differentiation between the IDP and the
company employee roles and responsibilities.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with
independent third parties through regular engagement (IDPs,
- Contribute to ACV display gains in key accounts and region
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Leverage technology to make informed business decisions--
- Establish strong selling relationships with key retailers and
divisional leaders of top accounts within zone
- Assist with emergency retailer situations
- Align on monthly priorities and follow through to exceed
- Provide real-time feedback /insights on store-level
- Build relationship with Warehouse Manager
- Commit to sell short-coded inventory to minimize risk
- Leverage all existing warehouse resources (i.e. point of
- Plan and prioritize DSMP information to exceed revenue
- Leverage Sales Commercialization Center information to identify
and achieve AOP goals
- Provide ZSM with Sales Commercialization Center feedback and
solutions to improve quality of information/tools--
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of relevant experience: 0-3-- Knowledge, Skills and
- Self-motivated and effective team member
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft skills including Excel and PowerPoint--
- Experience with technology and ability to learn iPad business
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include PowerPoint, Excel.
and Outlook Working Conditions
- Travel as needed
- Must be able to relocate as required Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and
taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.-- Travel Required
- Must be able to travel within district, to company meetings,
company training and other regions as business needs demand.--
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ACR The
Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees
and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship,
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran
status, disability, age, religion or any other classification
protected by law. In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are
protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected
by Federal law. Click here for additional information. Full time
Req-28063 About Us Click here to learn more--about Campbell's
career opportunities--in the--USA Click here to learn more--about
Campbell's career opportunities--in Canada
Keywords: Campbell Soup Company, Eugene , Market Sales Leader - Eugene, OR, Sales , Eugene, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!